HealthCentral Advertising Policy
HealthCentral.com is a part of Remedy Health Media, LLC.
Remedy Health Media reaches more than 16.4M** monthly visitors and offers advertising solutions across 35 condition-specific categories.
Effective Date: Updated March 1, 2012
At Remedy Health Media, our mission is to provide you with the best, most relevant information you can use right now to manage your health or specific condition. We accept advertising on the site to support our mission. This policy has been established by Remedy Health Media to govern advertising on its websites, including Remedy Health Media’s acceptance of advertisements and how advertisements are displayed on and removed from Remedy Health Media sites. For these purposes, “Advertising and Advertisements” mean all forms of advertising and sponsorships for which Remedy Health Media receives compensation, including banner, badge, and contextual advertising, sponsored content, and promotions.
1. Remedy Health Media has sole discretion to determine the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on Remedy Health Media sites. Remedy Health Media does not review or endorse any products or services that are advertised on its sites. In no event shall Remedy Health Media’s acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product or service advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes such product or service.
2. Remedy Health Media will not accept Advertising that, in HealthCentral’s opinion, is not factually accurate. In addition, Advertising must not contain false or misleading claims, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or handicap.
3. Remedy Health Media will not accept Advertising related to any of the following: alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency event. Advertising also must not promote products that are illegal or whose distribution would violate the law, advocate a political, religious or controversial public position or candidate for public office, make health claims that are not adequately substantiated.
4. Remedy Health Media maintains a distinct separation between Advertising and editorial content. All on Remedy Health Media sites shall be clearly and unambiguously identified as such, and Remedy Health Media will not accept any Advertising on Remedy Health Media sites that is not so identified. Clicking on the ad will link to an advertiser’s site. Remedy Health Media is not responsible for the content on the advertiser’s site.
5. From time to time, Remedy Health Media may create special advertorial sections of its websites, consisting of content from its advertisers. Content that is created, provided or influenced by an advertiser on any Remedy Health Media site is clearly and unambiguously identified as “From Our Sponsor” or “Provided By” the advertiser. Such advertiser content is not subject to editorial review by Remedy Health Media. Any content in these areas that Remedy Health Media provides is clearly identified as such and is created and editorially reviewed by Remedy Health Media and is not reviewed or influenced by advertisers.
6. From time to time, Remedy Health Media’s advertisers contract with it to sponsor certain targeted sections of its websites. Content in such sections will be labeled as “Brought to You By” or “Funded By” the advertiser. Such content is created and editorially reviewed by Remedy Health Media and is not reviewed or influenced by advertisers. Such sponsored pages are clearly and unambiguously identified as such.
7. Remedy Health Media reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from the Remedy Health Media Site for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising. Remedy Health Media also reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of the Advertising on the Remedy Health Media sites.
8. It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to comply with all applicable domestic and foreign laws, including pharmaceutical advertising that must be in compliance with FDA guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising as well as underwritten CME programs that must be labeled in accordance with the guidelines of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and any other relevant accrediting bodies. Remedy Health Media assumes no obligation to monitor its advertisers’ compliance with applicable laws and regulations; however, if Remedy Health Media becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, Remedy Health Media may remove the Advertising.
9. No Advertising shall be permitted which may injure the good name or reputation of Remedy Health Media or Remedy Health Media sites.
Remedy Health Media has sole discretion with respect to interpretation of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on Remedy Health Media Web sites. Remedy Health Media may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion. If Remedy Health Media makes changes to this policy, the updates will be posted here. This policy’s effective date will be identified at the top of the page.
To learn more about our sites and opportunities please email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgPrint