If you are a sufferer of heartburn and are looking for heartburn relief that really works instead of having to depend on medicated treatments prescribed by the doctor, there are ten tips that you can utilise in your lifestyle to make the world of difference.
1. Reducing the amount of acidic foods and drinks can play a massive part in heartburn relief. These include certain fruits such as grapefruit, apples and oranges and the fruits that can come from them.
2. Greasy foods such as hamburgers, fast food and other fatty meats can actually trigger heartburn so try to avoid these as best that you can.
3. Fizzy drinks, coffee and tea and other caffeinated products can trigger heartburn so by reducing the amount of these that you drink or eliminating them completely from your diet. This can be one of the most helpful all of the heartburn relief suggestions, especially the fizzy drinks.
4. Eating too quickly can be one of the fastest things to bring about heartburn and to relieve this, try to eat much slower. Take your time and where possible, eat at the table without the television on as this has been proven to enable better digestion.
5. If you are needing to use medication for heartburn relief every day then you could have something more serious than a little bit of heartburn, you could have GERD.
6. Tight clothes are something that can trigger heartburn and not very many people realise this. Anything tight fitting clothing that sits on the stomach area of the body can actually start the symptoms of heartburn.
7. Pregnancy is one of the most common times for a female to get heartburn and the heartburn relief that you can take during this time will be different to that at any other time.
8. If you enjoy exercising, make sure that you wait at least a couple of hours after eating before attempting any form of physical exercise. Even though exercising is actually a great way to help with heartburn relief, doing it so close to eating is actually a trigger of heartburn.
9. Smoking can help to relax the LES valve between the oesophagus and the stomach which lets food in but stops the acid getting out. By quitting smoking, the muscles within this valve are stronger and can therefore prevent this acid reflux from occurring.
10. Chewing gum at night is another form of heartburn relief which can actually make the mouth produce more saliva and increase the food moving through the digestive system, therefore reducing heartburn or acid reflux.
Alvin Hopkinson is a leading health researcher in the area of natural remedies and acid reflux cure. Discover how you can get rid of your acid reflux for good using proven home remedies, all without using harmful medications or drugs. Visit his site now at http://www.refluxremoval.com