Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sunday, March 29, 2009 Tena, Community Member, asks

Q: Chest pains during eating or drinking.

Chest pain during eating or drinking in a 16 year old male. Saw ER doctor 03-25-09, gave him a script for Protonix. Pain still happening.

Answer This
Answers (1)
Jan Gambino, Health Guide
3/31/09 6:24am

Hello Tena,

It is best to follow up with the pediatrician or primary care doctor for further diagnosis and treatment. The doctor can decide on a new treatment approach or refer him to a pediatric gastroenterologist or other specialist.

Let us know what you find out.

Best wishes,

Jan Gambino

The Reflux Mom

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By Tena, Community Member— Last Modified: 11/17/10, First Published: 03/29/09