Heartburn is one of those symptoms that seriously commands your attention. First off, it can really hurt. Odds are good that your skin has rarely felt as fiery as your belly may feel during an attack of heartburn. Secondly, while it doesn't actually involve your heart, heartburn can give you the sense that something is amiss deep among your vital organs.
Heartburn can be a problem that you should bring to your doctor's attention. But as painful as this common condition can be, it's also something that you can also help treat and prevent on your own.
Heartburn arises when the contents of your stomach move the wrong way. The food and drink you swallow is supposed to only travel south from your mouth, but during heartburn, food, drink, and stomach juices move upward past the "doorway" between your esophagus and stomach. Your esophagus isn't as naturally protected against this harsh material as your stomach lining, thus it causes pain.
If heartburn strikes you often e...
If you are a sufferer of heartburn and are looking for heartburn relief that really works instead of having to depend on medicated treatments prescribed by the doctor, there are ten tips that you can utilise in your lifestyle to make the world of difference.
1. Reducing the amount of acidic foods and drinks can play a massive part in heartburn relief. These include certain fruits such as grapefruit, apples and oranges and the fruits that can come from them.
2. Greasy foods such as hamburgers, fast food and other fatty meats can actually trigger heartburn so try to avoid these as best that you can.
3. Fizzy drinks, coffee and tea and other caffeinated products can trigger heartburn so by reducing the amount of these that you drink or eliminating them completely from your diet. This can be one of the most helpful all of the heartburn relief suggestions, especially the fizzy drinks.
4. Eating too quickly can be one of the fastest things to bring about heartbur...
The single best strategy for allergy symptom relief is to avoid your allergy triggers, things like dust mites, pollen, animal dander and molds. That works better than any medicine experts can dream up.
But it is also one of the hardest things to do for your allergies, because we can never really get rid of our environmental triggers totally. Still, any efforts you CAN make in that direction will definitely benefit you. So, it's worth doing.
Here are five things you can remove from your environment right away to help with allergy relief:
1. Carpeting. Dust mites , one of the most common allergy triggers, love carpets, even throw rugs. They burrow down in the fibers and it can be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get rid of them, even with vacuuming. So, people with allergies will benefit immensely from removal of carpets in favor of wood, laminate or tile flooring. If you must use throw rugs for warmth, buy machine washable ones and wash them weekly in hot ...
You should knowAnswers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.