FROM OUR EXPERTS
If you are a sufferer of heartburn and are looking for heartburn relief that really works instead of having to depend on medicated treatments prescribed by the doctor, there are ten tips that you can utilise in your lifestyle to make the world of difference.
1. Reducing the amount of acidic foods and drinks can play a massive part in heartburn relief. These include certain fruits such as grapefruit, apples and oranges and the fruits that can come from them.
2. Greasy foods such as hamburgers, fast food and other fatty meats can actually trigger heartburn so try to avoid these as best that you can.
3. Fizzy drinks, coffee and tea and other caffeinated products can trigger heartburn so by reducing the amount of these that you drink or eliminating them completely from your diet. This can be one of the most helpful all of the heartburn relief suggestions, especially the fizzy drinks.
4. Eating too quickly can be one of the fastest things to bring about heartbur...
Anyone living with type 1 diabetes recognizes they are married to pharmaceutical companies for the rest of their lives. For the past 30 years, my goal has been to use as little medicine as possible. To live up to that expectation, I've made some questionable choices according to conventional medicine docs. To give you a few examples of my choices:
• Acupuncture • Herbs and vitamin regimens • Whole foods, vegetarian, vegan, macrobiotic • Massage • Chiropractic • Meditation • Reiki
These are just some of the examples, but ones that I have used regularly for well over 25 years. Where I made some changes to the list were items like food. Twenty five years ago, I wanted to explore food as medicine and I decided after reading a couple fanatical books, I would try veganism. After being vegan for three years, I moved to macrobiotics. The end result was that the macrobiotic diet was too restrictive for me and evidence of this proved itself in my blood work, when I ...
What do medicine cabinets, smoke alarms and people have in common? They all need to have regular check-ups. You’d be amazed at how many prescriptions that expired years ago are lurking in the recesses of people’s medicine cabinets –– or maybe you wouldn’t be surprised. Perhaps you have some of those old medications that you saved “just in case.” Well, now is the time to give your medicine cabinet a thorough check-up. Keeping old medicine around serves no positive purpose and may be inviting trouble The Check-Up Checklist Here is a checklist to help you ensure that your medicine cabinet is up-to-date and all medications are stored properly: Medications should be stored in a dry location, away from sunlight. Although most people keep their medications in either the bathroom or the kitchen, those are actually two of the worst places for medication storage because humidity, heat and ...
You should know
Answers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.