Hydrocholoric acid is a clear, poisonous liquid. It is highly corrosive, which means it immediately causes severe damage, such as burning, on contact.
This article discusses poisoning due to swallowing or breathing in hydrochloric acid.
This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.... Read more
Our expert, Dr. Bryan Vartabedian, is a pediatric gastroenterologist and assistant professor of pediatrics at Baylor College of... Read more »