As some of you may know, April is Autism Awareness Month. Just wanted to alert members to an excellent series about autism called Autism Now which is airing on PBS.
You can view the video segments on the PBS website including the story of Nick, who has autism and happens to be Robert MacNeil's grandson. I was very touched by this particular story because this boy is a lot like my son.
If you have a child with autism please know that you are not alone. There is treatment and there is support.
For more information about autism please refer to the following Health Central articles:
- Detecting the Early Signs of Autism
- Advice to Parents of Newly Diagnosed Children on the Autism Spectrum
- Autism Awareness Month: A Mother's Story
- Five Things a Parent of an Autistic Child Wants You to Know
- Autism Awareness-Five Myths about Autism
- Autism Awareness: Kids Grow Up to be Adults
- Autism and Visual Thinking
- Is it ADHD or an Autism Spectrum Disorder?