• Lynette Lynette
    April 06, 2010
    Help pay for medication?
    Lynette Lynette
    April 06, 2010

    Im 42 and just going through a separation after 18 years. My insurance has been cut off and I just adopted a son. So Im facing some major obsticles and have been off my meds for almost 2 weeks and because I have no financial means for the next 5 months until my palimoney settelment, I cant seem to find any programs to help me with my meds to help me get back on my feet. I recently went to Riverside Social Services in Cathedral City where I felt totally discriminated because the way they treated me in a condescending way after they learned I have ADHD and OCD. Mainly because I was late and asked them to repeat the questions, go slower and I wasnt filling out my paperwork quick enough for them. I told them I felt discriminated because of my mental illness. That made the social worker so mad, she denied me Cal-Works, Medi-cal knowing I needed food stamps for my 2 yr son and myself. I told her I also needed assistance with a facility that could help me with my medication, she said she couldnt help me. Can someone tell me what to do, where to go? Ive never been on welfare or asked for assistance, but Im asking now because aside from my depression, I need to get out of bed for my son and look for employement. Can someone out there please help me figure this one out. Thank You and God Bless! Lynette Villalobos




You should know Answers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.