how does an adult with adhd get help if they are broke? I can't find any help to get meds and i cant even keep a job with out them. I have tried to get help from the county and there isnt any place to get an RX for adderall or any adhd meds if you have no money. I find my self being so depressed, stuck in my apartment and i am about to lose my mind. I can't even keep a job with out my meds. I am about to lose my mind too! anyone have any good advise.
You are not alone. There are so many people in this same boat. I sure hope things change soon so that people who do not have insurance can get the help they need with things like prescriptions.
I am the community leader over on My Depression Connection. I wrote an article some months ago in response to the overwhelming demand for help with obtaining both mental health services and prescriptions at reduced cost for those who have no money or insurance. Here is the part of my article which just may help you now:
How to get Financial Help for Prescription Medications and Antidepressants:
I found a cheap way to get my son's Prozac was by using Walmart's prescription program and it is only $4 to get his prescription filled. I will tell you more about this plan as well as other financial assistance programs for paying for medications.
* Here is a listing of all the prescription meds that Walmart will fill for just four dollars.
Some of the antidepressants listed include:
- Amitriptyline (Elavil)- Citalopram (Celexa, which is the older version of Lexapro)- Doxepin (Adapine or Sinquan)- Fluoxetine (Prozac)- Nortriptyline (Aventyl)- Paroxetine (Paxil)- Trazodone (Desyrel or Trialodine)
* There is also an organization called Needy Meds which may be able to give you assistance in obtaining your medications. Just follow this link.
* Mental Health America also has some ideas of how you can get your medications paid for when you don't have the financial means.
* You may also call the Partnership for Prescription Assistance with this toll free number: 1-888-477-2669 or you may access their web site here.
I sure hope this helps some. Let me know if you need any more information. Read my full article for suggestions on this topic.
thanks for all your help!!!
All the information on pharmaceutical patient assistance programs plus hundreds of other programs is available for free at www.needymeds.org. Each workday over 12,000 people visit our site. We have all the applications on the website. Our information is ease to access, updated regularly, and free. We gather no information about our users. You don't have to pay to apply to these programs. Most are easy to apply to and respond quickly. We also offer a free drug discount card. No registration is required and anyone is eligible to use it. The average savings is 30-40% with occasional savings of up to 75% or even more. Rich Sagall, MD President NeedyMeds, Inc. P.O. Box 219 Gloucester, MA 01931
No health insurance and I need my ADHD meds. Please help with a discount or anything. Thank you.