Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Saturday, November 13, 2010 Jesus Perez, Community Member, asks

Q: My name is Jesus Perez, I have a 9 year old boy who has attention problem and because of this his level of preparation is low. I am looking for a specialist that can help me, I live in Mississauga,ON.

Do you know any Institution or specialist that can help me. Thanks, Jesus Perez

Answer This
Answers (2)
Eileen Bailey, Health Guide
11/15/10 7:34pm


There is an article on the site that outlines a number of different ways to find a health care professional in your area.


Some websites that offer directories of medical professionals that treat ADHD are:


  • CHADD (Children and Adults with AD/HD) Professional Directory
  • Attention Deficit Disorder Association Directory
  • Attention Deficit Disorder Resources National Directory
  • ADD Consults Professional Directory
  • National Center for Girls and Women with ADHD Professional Directory



    Besides these sites, the article offers other ideas to help you.


    I hope this helps and please let us know how everything is going.



  • Follow me on Facebook

    Follow me on Twitter

    Merely Me, Health Guide
    11/18/10 4:38pm

    Hi there


    I think that most of the resources we have on-site are for the U.S.  But let me research a bit for you.


    Please know that I cannot vouch for any of the following resources.  You will need to phone and check them out for yourself.  Here is what I found:

    The ADHD Clinic
    1849 Yonge Street
    Suite 711
    Toronto, ON M4S 1Y2
    tel 416 304 1779
    fax 416 304 0257


    Centre for ADHD Advocacy Canada

    40 Wynford Drive
    Suite 304B
    Toronto, Ontario
    M3C 1J5

    Phone: (416) 637-8584
    Fax: (416) 385-3232

    Administration E-mail:

    The Centre for Family Medicine in Kitchener. They offer ADHD screening and treatment:

    Health Sciences Campus Site
    10 B Victoria Street South

    Kitchener, Ontario
    N2G 1C5 (click here for map)
    Main Number - 519-783-0020



    Hope this helps!  These are more specific to your geographic area.







    Answer This

    We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

    By Jesus Perez, Community Member— Last Modified: 12/26/10, First Published: 11/13/10