IMPORTANT NOTE: The following information is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that use of the drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Consult your healthcare professional before using this drug.
Adderall Oral Precautions
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to sympathomimetic drugs (e.g., epinephrine, pseudoephedrine); or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
This medication should not be used if you have certain medical conditions. Before using this medicine, consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have:
- certain mental/mood conditions (e.g., agitation, psychosis)
- heart/blood vessel disease (e.g., irregular heartbeat, coronary artery disease, angina, heart failure, cardiomyopathy)
- problems with heart structure (e.g., valve problems)
- history of heart attack or stroke
- moderate or severe high blood pressure (hypertension)
- overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- a certain eye problem (glaucoma)
- personal or family history of regular use/abuse of drugs/alcohol
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of:
- personal or family history of uncontrolled movements or outbursts of words/sounds (e.g., due to Tourette's syndrome)
- family history of sudden death/irregular heartbeat/rhythm
- mild high blood pressure (hypertension)
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- family/personal history of mental/mood disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, depression, psychotic disorder, suicidal thoughts)
This drug may make you dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely. Limit alcoholic beverages.
Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist that you are taking this medication.
Caution is advised when using this drug in children because it may affect weight, growth rate, and final height. The doctor may recommend temporarily stopping the medication from time to time to avoid this risk. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details. This drug is not recommended for use in children under 3.
This medication should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy. Infants born to mothers dependent on this medication may have birth defects, be born too soon (premature delivery), and have low birth weight. They may also have withdrawal symptoms. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice possible mood changes, agitation, or unusual tiredness in your newborn. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
This medication passes into breast milk and may have undesirable effects on a nursing infant. Breast-feeding is not recommended while using this drug. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Adderall Oral Side Effects
Loss of appetite, weight loss, dry mouth, stomach upset/pain, nausea/vomiting, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, fever, nervousness, and trouble sleeping may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor promptly.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.
Information last revised September 2011 Copyright(c) 2011 First DataBank, Inc.