I was recently invited to be part of a round table type discussion by telephone with 2 allergy and asthma experts, Dr. William Storms, Clinical Professor at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America's Director of External Affairs, Mike Tringale (MSM).
The teleseminar was hosted by Revolution Health and covered the following topics:
- Defining asthma
- IgE and specific IgE testing to find your triggers
- Chinese medicine and herbal treatments that may or may not help control allergy and asthma
- Dealing with your child's schools about allergies / asthma
- Possible peanut allergy vaccine
- Possibility of young children outgrowing allergies and then starting up again with them as adults
Unfortunately, I couldn't participate on the call due to a scheduling conflict, but several other allergy bloggers did join in. It makes for an interesting hour of conversation. The experts were quite frank and open, very refreshing.
You can take a listen here: Allergy & Asthma Podcast
Feel free to comment here if you'd like!
Published On: June 03, 2007