Where Aging Begins
Here’s something I’d like you to think about. Memory loss, poor eyesight and hearing, heart problems, lack of energy, wrinkles on your skin and a host of other age-related issues stem from one primary cause: cellular aging.
That’s right. Your health, whether good or bad, is all about the health of each individual cell in your body. In fact, it’s almost like a domino effect – one diseased or damaged cell can negatively affect healthy cells nearby – causing more and more of them to stop dividing until they finally become diseased too or simply die off. This is when chronic disease starts and the effects of “old age” become apparent both inside and out.
Scientists are working on highly sophisticated technologies right now to slow or even reverse cellular aging, in the hopes of extending the healthy lifespan for years or even decades. Unfortunately, it will take many years until anti-aging technologies are safe and affordable for us to enjoy.
Should you despair over missing out? Absolutely not! And I say that with absolute certainty because proven research has shown that tremendous anti-aging and disease prevention results can be achieved with proper diet and the right nutritional supplements to keep your cells healthy and disease free well into your twilight years.
Aging begins when cells no longer produce enough energy, resulting in reduced activity and the accumulation of cellular debris. There are supplements you can take that can assist in anti-aging and disease prevention:
- Amino acid, L-carnitine, boosts energy metabolism in the cell and helps block the formation of harmful debris.
- CoQ10 boosts energy levels and keeps your cells healthy and disease free.
- Resveratrol and Quercetin are natural plant compounds slow cellular aging while providing powerful antioxidant protection to individual cells from disease-causing free radical damage.
- Alpha-lipoic acid reduces cellular mitochondria, improves metabolic functioning of the cell, and helps prevent free-radical damage.
- Milk thistle has remarkable detoxifying properties that work with your liver to neutralize harmful toxins and remove them from the body.
- Herb Turmeric is one of the most effective natural substances on earth to reduce chronic inflammation and the premature aging and disease processes it causes.
Finally, no discussion of anti-aging would be complete without mentioning the rejuvenating effects of the amino acid, N-acetyl cysteine. This life-saving compound replenishes levels of your body’s most potent antioxidant called glutathione, which diminishes with aging. NAC is also a powerful inflammation fighter and has been shown to reduce the development of many different types of cancer.
When you include these into your diet, they are part of a holistic Alzheimer’s Prevention plan for your body. Combining these supplements with nutrition, exercise and stress management, you can be sure you are preventing disease every day.
To Your Health,
Dharma Singh Khalsa, M.D.