• concerced daughter concerced daughter
    October 06, 2008
    who manufactures aricept
    concerced daughter concerced daughter
    October 06, 2008

    My mother is on aricept & namenda, she is 84, & it has worked really well. She has insurance but has reached that loop hole until the first of the year.  We are in  search for assistance with these two drugs prescribed by her dr. for the rest of the year. Is there any assistance available, as she cannot afford full price. she will simply have to quit taking the medication because she can't afford it.

    please help!!!!



  • AFA Social Services
    Health Guide
    October 08, 2008
    AFA Social Services
    Health Guide
    October 06, 2008

    The "donut hole" is troubling for many people.  You can discuss with your mother's doctor the difficulty in financing the medications and sometimes the doctor can offer sample packs.  Some drug companies have "Patient Assistance Programs" where they can subsidize or provide medications based on certain criteria.  You can contact Pfizer regarding Aricept and ask about their Aricept Assistance Program.  Their phone number is 1-800-226-2072.  In addition, you can contact Forest Pharmaceuticals about their Namenda Assistance Program at 1-800-851-0758.  It is not advised you discontinue medications without the advice of a physician.  I strongly suggest that if you are not successful in finding a subsidy program for her medications, you speak to the physician for further support.


You should know Answers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.

Most Popular

Health and Well Being of the Caregiver
7 Great Gifts for Caregivers