Finding Confidence and Self-Esteem with Anxiety
This morning I spoke on Houston’s morning show about how to feel beautiful from the “inside-out.” Great Day Houston’s, host Deborah Duncan is a true natural at her job, as she has a way of instantly making you feel at ease. Her ability to think quickly, react from a confident understanding, combined with her lively sense of humor made our conversation feel relaxed and intimate, even though we were broadcasting live and in front of an audience.
Below is the link to watch the TV segment. In a nutshell, our conversation focused on the following points regarding positive self- esteem.
Why positive self-esteem is so important and how do we get it!
- How do how do we begin? We start from a place of becoming aware of our self-sabotaging thoughts, and then become open to change, replacing them with positive thoughts.
- Positive thoughts are powerful. They create a magnet; they are like a mirror and attract what it is you want to see in yourself.
- Affirmations (a declaration that something is true). Using affirmations are making a mental picture with words.
- Find out what’s on your mind through creative self-expression such as journaling.
- Comparing your self to others. Each of us is unique and has individual gifts.
Pieces of the puzzle slot together
A lack of self-confidence drags you down. Even worse, it can bring everyone else around you down with you. These points above, offer ideas to begin a new way of being⎯ a “new you.” These ideas are like pieces to a puzzle. The combination of each piece fits together in creating a beautiful self-portrait, a positive image. Your new gentle quiet confidence allows others to feel good around you. As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Watch the TV Segment: Beautiful From the Inside Out