Thursday, October 30, 2014
Introducing Mood 24/7, a new tool that helps you track your mood from day to day using your mobile phone. Try it today!

Saturday, November 10, 2012 jmartin, Community Member, asks

Q: i think i may have anxiety and its affecting my relationship, work and my friends. What can I do?

Answer This
Answers (2)
Eileen Bailey, Health Guide
11/10/12 1:18pm

Thank you for your question and welcome to Health Central's Anxiety Community.


I am not a medical professional and would not be able to give you medical advice.


The first step would be for you to make an appointment with your doctor and discuss the reasons you believe you have anxiety. Your doctor will do an examination and rule out any physical causes of your symptoms. If he or she feels you may have anxiety, he may refer you to a therapist or psychiatrist that specializes in treating anxiety.


For more information:


What to Expect When Going to the Doctor


How Anxiety is Diagnosed


12 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Your Anxiety


I hope this helps




kevin stubbs, Community Member
1/ 8/13 8:53am

went through the same thing for years need to see a doc or will only get worse ive been through it and it is not fun will most likely prescribe u something to com your nerves ever body says dont take meds but sometimes that what it takes thats why they are there good look

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By jmartin, Community Member— Last Modified: 01/08/13, First Published: 11/10/12