11 Tips to Boost Productivity
So you think you’re good at multitasking? Well, according to new research only 2 percent of people can multitask effectively. The remaining 98 percent could use some serious time management skills. Here are some ways to boost your productivity.
Take a break from technology
|1 / 12||Next|
While the primary goal of technology is to make tackling tasks quicker and easier, e-mail, social media, and smart devices can be real time-wasters. When you are feeling overwhelmed or need to get some serious work done, designate an hour or so to being free of tech distractions. Ignore your e-mail and turn off your phone. Not only will this help you avoid distractions, but the lack of distraction will allow you to focus more easily and for a much longer period of time. You may even choose to adopt this as a long-term work strategy. For instance, if you’re able, check your e-mail only three times a day: morning, afternoon, and evening.