This article discusses the health effects that may occur from accidentally or intentionally eating or swallowing soap.
This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Soap - swallowing; Soap ingestion
Most bar soaps are considered harmless (nontoxic).
People who have asthma are at greater risk during the fall and winter seasons of the year. Because your airways may already be inflamed due... Read more »