I have a few questions about bipolar disorder, mainly in children and adolescents. My english class is doing an essay that requires an interview. If you can help me please respond with name and experience.
1. How common is Bipolar Disorder (BPD) in the general population? 2. How common among youth?
3. What IS it, how does it effect the brain, what differs between BPD and healthy people physically and/or chemically?
4. What are some common symptoms, especially among youth ages 4-18? 5. Do kids Grow Out Of It?
6. What are known "triggers" or "causes" if any?
7. What is the suicide rate among youth?
8. What are some common misconceptions about BPD or victims?
9. What are some common treatments?