If I didn't find humor during my 2 bouts with breast cancer, radiation, Chemo & 14 reconstructive surgeries I would have gone completely mad. Here are a few examples I remember just off the top of my head.
1. My grandaughter loved to rub my bald head and one time a man came over to my daughters house to give her a bid on a job, he was bald so she rubbed his head.
2. When I wore long dangly earring I looked like Mr Clean.
3. My granddaughter would carry my wig around saying, "Nanna"s hair".
4. I could be a blonde, brunette, red head or blonde or black headed all with the aid of the different wigs I purchased or people loaned me. It was kinda fun actually.
5. There was a certain freedom in being bald it was somehow empowering.
6. I learned to feel sorry for bald men because all your heat comes out of your head. In the winter I wore this little pull over caps my girlfriend gave me & they were great.
7. Going through my reconstruction surgery I knew no matter how my breasts would turn out they'd always be perky! I figured I will be one of the few women in the nursing home who's breast don't lay down when I do.
That's just a few of the things I remember off the top of my head.