Thursday, October 23, 2014
Just Diagnosed with Cancer? Chat with Experts

Friday, July 11, 2008 dkferg, Community Member, asks

Q: I have a blister like rash under my breasts that gets extremely sore. Should I be concerned?

Answer This
Answers (1)
Phyllis Johnson, Health Guide
7/11/08 10:26am

The underside of the breasts is a warm, damp place susceptible to several types of rashes such as fungal rashes, heat rash, and allergic reactions.  If it is the same on both sides, it is probably not cancer-related.  However, knowing the best treatment depends on an accurate diagnosis.  If you recently changed laundry detergents or skin care products, you might drop the new product and see if you improve without treatment.  However, if this rash has persisted despite home remedies, it's time to see the doctor.  Using the wrong cream or ointment could actually worsen your condition.

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By dkferg, Community Member— Last Modified: 06/12/12, First Published: 07/11/08