Friday, October 31, 2014
Just Diagnosed with Cancer? Chat with Experts

Sunday, August 17, 2008 sandy, Community Member, asks

Q: who is the top breast cancer doctor

my mother in law has invasive ductal carcinoma and she had her right breast totally removed and now the left one has two more lumps in her left breast and this is her fourth reacurrance of breast cancer.

Answer This
Answers (2)
PJ Hamel, Health Guide
8/17/08 4:18pm

Sandy, if you don't trust the treatment your mother-in-law is currently getting, then I don't think it's the top doctor you're really looking for, but the top program. Check out the National Comprehensive Cancer Network or the Natonal Cancer Institute designated  Cancer Centers - both are a good place to start if you're searching for the very best in treatment options. Good luck to you both - PJH

Angi, Community Member
8/18/08 1:45pm

Aside from PJ's recommendations, I personally have received treatment from partners of US Oncology (at their Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada campus) and I'm currently going through treatment with the MD Anderson group (at EJ Hospital/Medical group in LA) - both places claim to be partnered with the best doctors, and my own experience with both of them has been wonderful.

Hopefully you can find a partner in your area to help.

Good luck!


Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By sandy, Community Member— Last Modified: 06/15/12, First Published: 08/17/08