Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 V Pittman, Community Member, asks

Q: what is a cheaper drug that can replace the expensive tricor?

Answer This
Answers (1)
9/16/09 9:01pm

Hi V. Pittman,


Tricor is a fenofibrate.  Different names for this medication include Antara, Fenoglide, Lipofen, Lofibra, and Triglide.  Your pharmacist or physician would be good resources to help you determine an appropriate alternative at a lower cost.


All the best,

Lisa Nelson RD

How to Lower Cholesterol in 8 Simple Steps

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By V Pittman, Community Member— Last Modified: 12/25/10, First Published: 09/15/09