National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week
Find more videos like this on Illness-Disability-Healthcare-Caregiver Ministry Network
This week is National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week (Sept. 10-16). It conveniently falls in the middle of Pain Awareness Month –– not by accident, I’m sure. Chronic pain is, in most cases, invisible, which is why people can’t seem to resist telling us, “But you look so good!”
NICIAW, sponsored by Rest Ministries, is offering us 20 live online seminars this week: four each day, Monday through Friday. The seminars are hour-long chats. The “speaker” presents for the first 20-30 minutes, then you are free to ask questions and discuss the topic at hand. Visit the NICIAW Web site for a complete list of seminar topics and times or to enter the chat room.
Here is a sample of some of the seminar subjects:
- Suffered enough? Learn how to create a life you truly enjoy (even if you don't think you can) from a life coach who has learned to live well with a serious chronic illness.
- Going Back to School When You Have a Chronic Illness
- How to Win SSI or SSDI
- Parenting When You Have a Chronic illness
- How to Be a ChronicBabe: Five Steps to Get You Started
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Magnesium
- When it's Not Getting Better-Spiritual Resources
- Blogging About Your Illness
- Time Management - How it can make a difference with your illness
- Mental Illness and Faith Communities: Creating Caring Congregations
- Taking a Stand: How to Avoid Medical Mistakes
- Invisible Disabilities: But You LOOK So Good!
Published On: September 10, 2007