Friday, October 31, 2014

Saturday, January 02, 2010 abbiDem, Community Member, asks

Q: What can help ease painful lumps in the back?

My mom has arthritis and HS (hydrodinitis). She's always had lumps along her back and leg and now along where those lumps are she's having intense pain. I'd like to be able to offer her some help. We don't have insurance, so suggestions for home remedies would work best.

Answer This
Answers (1)
Cort, Health Guide
1/ 3/10 9:36pm

HS is a very difficult disease but it sounds like these lumps are not associated with it since the abscesses HS are usually found in places where you have skin to skin contact such as in the armpit, etc. 


Could these simply be muscle knots? Areas of tightened, sensitive muscles? If that's so then gentle massage in the direction of the muscle can help, as can warm moist heat, and gentle stretching and relaxation exercises. If these are knots of muscles what you want to do those contracted muscles to relax and get blood flowing back into them. Good luck!

Answer This

Related Content

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By abbiDem, Community Member— Last Modified: 09/10/14, First Published: 01/02/10