Full Question: I take hydrocodone for stress/migraine headaches. I am currently breastfeeding my 6 week old son. My doctor told me to go ahead and breastfeed, and then take one or two tablets depending on how bad the pain is. I am wondering how long the medicine stays in my system? I don’t want my baby to get any of it but I know that whatever I eat or drink goes through my breast milk. They reassure me that it is safe to take these but does my baby also get it? Courtney. Answer: Dear Courtney; You didn't mention how often your headaches come; assuming they are only once a week or so hydrocodone with acetaminophen might be all right since they both have short half lives, which means that they leave the body pretty quickly. Therefore, if you just breast-fed (at least four to six hours after the last dose), that would mean there was very little medication left in your milk. The same would be true for migraine specific medications like triptans, especially...
Generic Name: DIPHENHYDRAMINE - TOPICAL Pronounced: (dye-fen-HI-druh-meen) Benadryl Maximum Strength Top Uses
This medication is used to temporarily relieve itching and
pain caused by minor burns/cuts/scrapes, sunburn, insect bites, minor skin
irritations, or rashes from poison ivy, poison oak, or poison
Diphenhydramine belongs to a class of drugs known as
antihistamines. It works by blocking the effects of a certain natural substance
(histamine) that causes itching. This product may also contain other
ingredients (skin protectants such as zinc acetate) that help to dry the oozing
and weeping caused by irritation from poisonous plants. Read the product
package for more information.
Depending on the brand and the form of diphenhydramine
skin product you are using, the package information may state that its use is
not recommended in children younger than 2, 6, or 12 years unless directed by
If you are self...
Definition Hydrocodone and oxycodone are drugs that are mostly used to treat extreme pain. Hydrocodone/oxycodone overdose occurs when someone intentionally or accidentally take too much medicine containing these ingredients. A person may accidentally take too much of the medicine because they are not getting pain relief from their normal doses. There are several reasons why a person may intentionally take too much of this medication. It may be done to try to hurt oneself or to get high or intoxicated. See also: Overdose This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222. Alternative Names Overdose - hydrocodone; Overdose - oxycodone; Vicodin overdose; Percocet overdose; Percodan overdose; MSContin overdose; OxyContin overdose Poisonous Ingredient Hydrocodone and oxycodone belong to a class of narcotic ...
You should knowAnswers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.