Monday, October 20, 2014

Friday, June 13, 2008 Jerri, Community Member, asks

Q: pain in lower right abdomen above pubic bone

I have a constant pain in lower right abdomen. I am 61 years old with no history of bowel problems. The pain reminds me of a time when I was having a dye test and the doctor had to move through some scar tissue in my groin left from a previous test to insert the catheter. It can go from dull to throbbing. Does anyone know what this might be?

Answer This
Answers (1)
Cort, Health Guide
6/13/08 10:15pm

This is really a question for your doctor as lower abdominal pain can be caused by several conditions. It could be any number of things, including problems related to the scar tissue you mention in your question. If it's causing you this much pain, it's time to let a healthcare professional run the necessary tests.

In the meantime, why don't you try out Health Central's Symptom checker - its very complete and it will give you some information you can discuss with your doctor. 

You can find it at the upper left hand side of HealthCentral's home page.  Here are some other links that might be useful as well:

Using Tylenol Responsibly

Let’s Talk Pain Meds

Cooking to Control Pain




Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By Jerri, Community Member— Last Modified: 07/26/14, First Published: 06/13/08