• kmbrlyd28 kmbrlyd28
    November 18, 2008
    Why do I have a lump and back pain in my lower right side?
    kmbrlyd28 kmbrlyd28
    November 18, 2008

    I'm 28 and have had severe pain for 3 years now in my neck and lower back. It radiates down my right arm and leg all the right side. I also have this painful lump in my lower back right sid--right above my pelvis. I can even move the lump. Pain injections have given me short-term relief but then it comes back. An MRI showed I have disc degeneration and a bulged disc, but no doctor seems concerned with my lump even when I tell them it's painful. I've had lyme disease and several other things. I feel I'm too young to be falling apart like this. Please help!




  • lucy20 January 01, 2009
    January 01, 2009

    I'm so sorry to hear of your suffering, you are right when you say you are too young to have all this affecting your life.  I am now 59 and have had almost identical pains, lumps and migraines for over 7 yrs. I keep asking for help but have not had any different treatment to you.  There must be somewhere those of us in chronic pain can turn. Good luck.

  • Stacey January 25, 2012
    January 25, 2012

    I am wondering if you have ever found an answer to the severity of your spinal arthritis or the lump on your back.  I have suffered with severe spinal arthritis since I was in my late 20's.  I am now 46.

    I wont go into the nightmare my life has become in the past twenty years, but anyone with sever spinal arthritis knows this place.  I have had 7 surgeries to repair the discs as they herniate from the top of my neck to the bottom of my spine.  I have spondylosis, facet syndrome, scoliosis, I now wear a brace just to sit up straight, my spine no longer stron enough to support itself.  No one seems to have a reason for my arthritis, or the rapid progression.

    I am responding because I have noticed the same lump that you describe.  It is a hard painful lump, that feels like a knot or bruise, about the size of a quarter, just above my pelvic bone on left side of my back.  Like you,  I have not injured my back in any way, and can not get a response from anyone, it is almost as if they cant see or feel it.

    I hope that you still check this site, because I could really use an answer right now, any answer, :p  I hope that maybe you found one that you could share

  • moose July 13, 2011
    July 13, 2011

    if you have a lump under your armpit that is painful or re`occurs-it could be hydradentis suprativia.

You should know Answers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.