Sunday, November 22, 2009 will, Community Member, asks

Q: what will an orthopedic doctor do for my chronic back pain ,medication

if have a bulgded or herniated disc will they give me some thing for the pain

Answer This
Answers (1)
Cort, Health Guide
11/23/09 10:33am

Orthopedists specialize in conditions involving the musculoskeletal system. They go through four years of college then four years of medical school and then train in orthopedic surgery for several years. Because of their training as surgeons they tend to look at a problem through surgeons eyes. Some people worry about seeing orthopedists because of their tendency to see a surgical fix for many problems.  They are certainly trained to give you drugs for your pain as well. 


Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By will, Community Member— Last Modified: 10/20/10, First Published: 11/22/09