• hugo worm hugo worm
    August 05, 2010
    How to relieve and heal an upper back/neck muscle strain/knot?
    hugo worm hugo worm
    August 05, 2010

    I played frizbee golf after having stiffness and a couple of tight muscles in my lower neck and upper trazpezious muscle along my spine.  Now the muscle has seized in a locked position on the entire upper part of my neck and back muscle on my shoulder.  Its intense pain that actually is causing my right shoulder to draw up visibly noticeable.  What can I do other than put icy hot liberally on the area and take pain meds?



  • Karen Lee Richards
    Health Guide
    August 11, 2010
    Karen Lee Richards
    Health Guide
    August 05, 2010

    If you're dealing with a type of muscle spasm, you might want to see a massage therapist.  Personally, I've gotten excellent results from massage therapy for severe muscle spasms. 


You should know Answers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.