Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Friday, August 15, 2008 chucklene, Community Member, asks

Q: how do i get a perscription for oxycodone

I have chronic back pain and have been doctoring with it since i was young.  I was dianosed with spina bifida a while ago and so far everything they have tried has not worked.  a friend of mine had a oxycodone 40 mg and i took it and it was finally the relief i had agonized for for a very long time.  It brings tears to my eyes because something that works so well for me is denied to me because of the abuse of it of others......

Answer This
Answers (3)
crzyinga, Community Member
8/16/08 12:19pm

You could ask your doctor for a prescription, or ask Dr. for samples to try for a week to see if it works for your pain.  If it does, maybe he will give you the Rx.

Jeanne, Community Member
8/16/08 6:40pm

You must have another condition as spina bifida is a condition you are born with.  I believe it is where the spinal chord etc protrudes through a hole in your back. The medication you are asking about is by prescription only. I go to a pain specialist and he has worked wonders for me. And he is not afraid to prescribe pain medication for your relief. Hope this helps.

TNT79, Community Member
2/24/14 12:05pm

Hi I have chronic pain and was wondering who your doctor is. Does he/she prescribe oxcycodone for chronic pain? Thx in advance

Frank Lee, Community Member
9/13/08 7:41pm

Step 1: Make Appt with your doctor

Step 2: Tell Doctor that when you illegally tried Oxycodone 40mg, it quelled your pain.

Step 3: Ask Doctor for prescription.

Step 4: Hope Doctor gives you prescription.


If this doesn't work, try different doctor. Doctor shopping is definitely not frowned upon when you are in this obviously unique situation. (Just kidding!!!)


No. Seriously- talk to your doctor about what has and hasn't worked... if this has worked in the past, it's possible that if you and your doctor have a good relationship, you may be given the prescription.



Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By chucklene, Community Member— Last Modified: 02/24/14, First Published: 08/15/08