• mindy_mcrae mindy_mcrae
    November 10, 2009
    Can fibromyalgia cause pain in the ribs and under should blades?
    mindy_mcrae mindy_mcrae
    November 10, 2009

    I have a pain that goes from the right to the left of my back, under my shoulder blades. It started coming on slowly, but now it goes through between the shoulder blades and through to my chest. It feels like there's an open cut, round area being filled with acid or like some alien creature chomping away at my insides. I've been to the emergency room and all of my organs have been checked. I do have a hiatal hernia and acid reflux, and trouble swallowing. My doctor says I need to go to a pain clinic, but there's a wait to get in. Can anyone help me figure it out?



  • Karen Lee Richards
    Health Guide
    November 12, 2009
    Karen Lee Richards
    Health Guide
    November 12, 2009

    It sounds like you need to find another doctor.  Your current doctor may have tried everything he knows to do, but there has to be a reason you are experiencing so much pain.  You might try an internist.  I'm not a doctor, but I can't help but wonder if the pain might be related to the hiatal hernia and other related problems you have. 

    You could go ahead and put your name on the waiting list for the pain clinic, but in the meantime, you need to find a doctor who will treat your pain and continue to search for the cause.  Don't give up until you find a doctor who will help you!

    While you're waiting see if any of our tips for managing chronic pain help at all. Good luck!


  • davidnewman November 10, 2010
    November 10, 2010

    i have the same thing it goes from a numbness to a tingling feeling and it actually starts in my shoulder blads and lat area and moves to my traps up into my teeth. i cannot take this anymore! Its been 7 months 


    Let me know if you find someone please i will travel,

    Click here to login before answering a question
  • Iliveinpain June 05, 2014
    June 05, 2014
    I have suffered with this pain for many years now. I also have had all kinds of test and have visted a chiropractor often to get some type of relief. I have found that all though it hurts at the moment it happens but deep tissue massage has helped. I finally found a Dr this week that diagnosed it as subcapluar brusites. (Check my spelling) i am scheduled for day surgey next week to under go injections in to a "sack" that rest between the spine, disk and lung. I was cautioned that the proceedure could be risky being so close to the lung. I was told that this is very often misdiagnosed and that my Dr had only actually seen 10 cases in his career. If you are willing to travel I am using Dr Benjamin C. Dagley DO. He is located in Cedar Hill, Tx which is a suburb of Dallas. His office number is 9722919165. I warn you, if its pain meds you seek, he is not a fan of prescribing them. Good luck to you! I know the pain is horrible! READ MORE
You should know Answers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.