• johnathon johnathon
    September 24, 2008
    i have had chronic pain for three years now in my lower back and right side.
    johnathon johnathon
    September 24, 2008

    i have had lower back and side pain for years. i take pain medication, but i can't get it prescribed anymore. i need help, what should i do? should i go to rehab? maybe, they can give me something that will help. the lortab 10 mg. help me a lot. but the doctor quit prescribing them to me. ughh. what should i do. i am seventeen years old, and homeschooled. i have no kind of social life and i hurt constantly. the doctors think that i am just making this pain up. why would i do that? so, what are your opinions?



This question has not been answered by one of our experts yet.


  • Angela September 25, 2008
    September 25, 2008

    Go to a rheumetologist or a neurologist or see if your Dr. will refer you to a pain mgmt center.  All of the above will run more tests and see if they can come up with a problem.  No one should live in pain, Good luck!

  • spousalunit July 18, 2014
    July 18, 2014

    You probably need to be seen by a physiatrist (doctor of physical medicine).  He or she will do something to relieve your pain.  No one should have to live in constant pain!  (And it's very unfortunate that your doctor would suddenly stop your pain medicine!  It should have been gradually reduced.)

You should know Answers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.