Saturday, October 25, 2014

Friday, May 02, 2008 Lena, Community Member, asks

Q: What can I do about a red spot on my ankle that is getting bigger?

I have a red patch by my ankle, and it's getting bigger. It started realy small; now it's going to the other ankle in the same spot. It's small, but it's getting bigger. The doctor said I had a nickel reaction, but I told them it wasn't it. They prescribed hydrocortisone cream, and its not working.

Answer This
Answers (1)
Karen Lee Richards, Health Guide
5/ 4/08 7:59pm

Why do you think it might be a different diagnosis that what your doctor indicated?  If you're not happy with your doctor's diagnosis, you might try seeing a dermatologist.  They specialize in treating conditions that affect the skin and are usually very good at identifying unusual spots, rashes, etc.




A Rash or Skin Allergies?

Allergy Cream Tops Uses and How to Use

Allergy Cream Top Precautions and Side Effects

Skin Rashes, Poison Ivy, Warts, Styes, Ringworm


Answer This

Related Content

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By Lena, Community Member— Last Modified: 09/10/14, First Published: 05/02/08