Friday, October 24, 2014

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 James Hightower, Community Member, asks

Q: Where do I go for ketamine infusion?

where do I go?
Answer This
Answers (4)
Cort, Health Guide
4/25/11 11:48pm

That's a good question....Ketamine is a now little used anesthetic that is being used in small doses as an experimental treatment for chronic regional pain syndrome.


There are alot of ketamine trials ongoing right now. You might want check out this page to see if there are any in your area.

Tim Jordan, Community Member
4/27/11 11:47am

Is there anywhere in Anderson South Carolina that is doing Ketamine clinical trials or just doing ketamine infusions for chronic migranes and major deppression. I have a traumatic brain injury and I have alot of problems due to this and ketamine keeps coming up as I search the net.



Tim Jordan

Tracy O., Community Member
3/10/12 12:22am

Jim Broatch with the Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrom Association has a list available of physicians who do the Ketamine Infusion Therapy.  However, I have called every name on the list and they all want to be paid up front $1-2,000 per day.  They will file your insurance claims for you including medicare/medicaid and reimburse you but be careful, I believe that they will not gi ve you all your money back and they expect writeoffs and you will be out whatever your carrier won't pay.  I did look into this with Medicare and they did tell me if these docs agreed to Medicare/Medicaid assignment/contract then they are in violation if they ask for you to pay up front.  The only physician I could find that would not charge you upfront is Drs. Quav and Quam in Yakima, WA 509-575-8000 or at Watersedge Pain Clinic in Yakima.  I have the list and could forward to you at your request but you would have to put up with any notes I wrote.  I'm actually getting set up to go in the next few weeks for the first time.  You might even call Yakima Memorial Hospital and ask for Gail in the infusion therapy department and she has a book of knowledge and can answer questions.  Don't overwhelm her though.  I need her for me.  lol.

gwenigirl, Community Member
1/ 9/13 2:42pm

I would love any info.  Husband has CRPS of left hand for 15+ months.  We Need HELP!

Tracy O., Community Member
3/10/12 12:23am

See message from Tracy O. I think below here.

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By James Hightower, Community Member— Last Modified: 03/03/14, First Published: 04/19/11