- 7 Signs and Symptoms of Lung Cancer In this slideshow, we take a look at 7 common signs and symptoms of lung cancer.
- 8 Myths About Lung Cancer
9 Ways to Keep Your Airways Clear and Lungs Clean
If sputum is not cleared from the lungs, it can cause ongoing inflammation, which can lead to further lung damage and a further deterioration in lung function. You must keep your lungs as clear as possible to maintain lung health. Here are some tips!
10 Tips for Exercising with COPD
Always consult your doctor before starting any exercise program. These are basic suggestions for people who have been approved to exercise under the supervision of a doctor or pulmonary rehabilitation professional. This is not intended as medical advice.
- 7 Ways to Conserve Energy When You Have COPD If you have COPD you know that saving your energy and breath for what matters is a good way to make life easier. Read more for information on how to get the most from your stamina.
- 7 Signs Your COPD is Getting Worse
10 COPD Myths
Here are ten things commonly said about COPD. Do you buy into them – or are you busted? Source: Living with COPD: 10 Myths - Busted! By Jane Martin
- 5 Great Gifts for People with COPD
- 5 Facts About Country Star Patty Loveless and COPD Awareness On World COPD Day, HealthCentral chatted with country star Patty Loveless about COPD awareness. Here are a few things we learned.
- 10 Tips to Stay Quit If you’ve recently become a quitter - as in quitting smoking - then you are probably feeling some of the challenges of staying quit. Here are some tips to help you.
- Top 13 Reasons to Quit Smoking One tip for quitting smoking is making a list of positive reinforcements. By looking at this list when you have a craving, it can reinforce your reasons for quitting and help you avoid a relapse.
5 Tips for Getting Restful Sleep with COPD
When you have COPD, getting enough rest is essential. Of course, even people without COPD need sleep, but people who suffer from COPD use up much greater energy resources just to get through the day. So, when they do go to bed, they need to know they're going to get a good night's rest.
5 Facts About Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
There are two major forms of lung cancer that can be differentiated on the basis of the structural (morphological) appearance of the cancer cells under a microscope. These two major types of lung cancer are non-small cell lung cancer and small cell lung cancer. Here are some facts about non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
8 Ways to Improve Quality of Life with COPD
Being diagnosed with COPD can be scary and certainly life-changing. But you can still live a rich and engaging life; you just need to make a few adjustments. Here are some tips for getting the most out of every day.
14 Lesser Known Risks of Smoking
We all know smoking kills through lung cancer and other oral and throat cancers. But there are also many lesser-known risks to lighting up.
- 6 Health Problems Linked to Air Pollution Air pollution in cities is a huge health hazard with far-reaching effects. Even levels that have been deemed safe by the Environmental Protection Agency are causing health problems. Here are some of the most common.
10 Smoking Cessation Tools
Quitting smoking is tough, and figuring out which product or medication is best to help you quit can be even tougher. Here are some of the more popular methods for smoking cessation.
10 Tips for Coping with COPD
When you have a chronic condition like COPD, it can be tough to take. But, you CAN adapt, take charge of managing your COPD and still live a positive life for much longer by paying attention to the following tips.
14 Tips for Conserving Energy with COPD During the Holidays
The holidays are upon us, and if you’re anything like me, you’re wondering how you’re going to fit everything in and still have time to enjoy this merry season. And if you’re living with COPD, taking part in all this activity might seem like way too much to tackle. Here are some tips to help you conserve that precious energy – and breathe – so you can have a joyful holiday season.
- What We Learned This Week: January 4th, 2013 Check out HealthCentral's picks of five interesting, thrilling, frightening and amusing health stories we found this week.
5 New Developments in Asthma/COPD research
Asthma and COPD are two chronic respiratory conditions that scientists continue to research. Here are some of the most recent to offer promising developments.