Coping with Teenage Depression

Ask the Expert Patient Health Guide
  • Question:


    Reverie wrote...


    I'm 14 years old and so far I have been molested made fun of by my family for being chubby which is bad because I am oversensitive. And I have tried but failed to commit suicide all without my family knowing or caring. What do I do?




    Dear Reverie,


    Is there anyone in your family you can talk to -- parents, grandparents, anyone? This is not something you should try to handle alone. If you can't talk to someone in your family, consider talking with your school counselor, a teacher, or, if you go to church, your minister.


    Taking your life is not the solution, Reverie. Please talk to someone -- soon.

    Add This Infographic to Your Website or Blog With This Code:


    Good luck,


    About Ask the Expert Patient:


    If you would like to ask a question about depression or living with depression, please write a SharePost and be sure to select “a question” in the drop-down menu next to “I want to create a SharePost that is a,” which is Step 2 on the SharePost creation screen.  I will post my responses to your questions each week.


    Please keep in mind that I am not a physician. I cannot diagnose or give medical advice. This section is for sharing information and offering support as a nonphysician “Expert Patient.”


    I hope you find this general medical and health information useful, but this Q & A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. For all personal medical and health matters, including decisions about diagnoses, medications and other treatment options, you should always consult your doctor. See full disclaimer.

Published On: October 08, 2007