In some of our recent posts we have been talking about anger and how to manage it. I thought it might be a good idea to discuss this openly.
Anger is a predominant emotion underlying much of depression. And it is healthy to acknowledge it in a safe way which doesn't hurt you or other people.
Here are some step recommended by "Anger Management for Dummies" by W. Doyle Gentry PhD.:
1. Come up with a label to indentify the intensity of your anger. Are you irrate? Enraged? Irritated? Or Livid? Or other descriptor?
2. Identify the thing or event which tirggered your anger. You can say..."I feel (label that you identified in step one) when so and so....engages in this behavior.
3. Ask yourself what would it take to return to a state of peacefulness and not feeling so angry.
If anyone wishes to talk about their personal examples...we will be glad to help you with your anger management process.
Now...let's talk about the week!
1. On a scale of one to ten...how would you rate this week?
2. What was the best part of this week and what was the worst?
3. What have you done to improve your mental health this week?
I do hope you all have a great weekend! I am going to see Iron Man 2...I hope it is good. It is nice to get out and see a movie. If you can...get out of the house. It can do wonders for your mental health.