If I had to live my life over...
Member Judy had written a post yesterday including the wisdom of the late Erma Bombeck, who wrote a list of things she would do if she had her life to live over again. I think when it comes to regrets it usually is not about things you did...regret is about those things you didn't do in life.
Erma Bombeck wrote that list when she knew she was dying of cancer. But why wait for such a time? I thought maybe we could continue on with Judy's post by filling in the blanks to the phrase:
If I had to live my life over I would....?
On my short list:
- I would have more picnics.
- I would wear hats even if they look silly.
- I would spend more time communing with my pets.
- I would write more letters to my children.
- I would follow my heart and not my head.
- I would dance and sing just for the joy of it.
The great thing about such a list is that for most of us...we can still do these things. Life is hard and depression sucks but there can be a certain joy to living even in the simplest of pleasures.
So what would be on your list?