Member Medication Review: Wellbutrin
I am going to ask you all to share your experiences and opinions about a different antidepressant each Tuesday. When we have all of your reviews we will create a special page dedicated to presenting this information for those of you who wonder what it may be like to take a specific antidepressant. Do remember that one person's experience is just that, their experience. Everyone will react differently to the various medications.
The medication I would love for people to comment upon this week is Wellbutrin (bupropion). The research I have seen on this drug looks promising as in it is supposed to have few side effects with regard to either weight gain or loss of sexual libido. But does the literature match human experiences?
If you have taken Wellbutrin or are currently taking this medication can you tell us a few things about your experience?
1. What is/was your experience like taking Wellbutrin?
2. How long did it take until it "worked" for you?
3. What improvements did you notice?
4. What were the side effects if any?
5. If you quit taking this drug what was the reason? And did you suffer from withdrawals?
Thank you all who contribute to these medication discussions. You are helping other members when you discuss your own experiences.