• rainbow2008 rainbow2008
    November 04, 2008
    how can i get my wound care or doctor to use apligraft or something simular for my diabetic foot ulc
    rainbow2008 rainbow2008
    November 04, 2008

    I have had an open diabetic foot ulcer for almost two years. Got it as a result of a walking blister. It refuses to close, and now has a wart growing around it which must be removed. How can i get my wound care clinic and doctors to use apligraft? they have not even suggested it. I had a partial amputation on this foot four years ago, and a skin graft worked wonders at that time to close the surgical wound.  Its like they have given up. I go to Hoag Hospital wound care clinic in newport beach, ca



  • Cherise Nicole
    Health Guide
    November 08, 2008
    Cherise Nicole
    Health Guide
    November 08, 2008



    Hello! If your physician hasn't brought up apligraft maybe you should bring it up and go from there. He or she will be able to tell you if the apligraft is the right thing for you.  Sometimes are Physician's don't think outside of the BOX; we have to make them do it sometimes.  Hope you get better...



    Community Moderator


You should know Answers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.