Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Thursday, July 02, 2009 Allorrah, Community Member, asks

Q: What kind of doctor can help me with neuropathy? I have not been formally diagnosed.

I have developed some kind of neuropathy in my left leg from knee up to hip. It feels like ants crawling inside my skin, but the skin doesn't feel it when I scratch. Sometimes it feels like the ants are biting me. Other times, it feels like hot water runs down my thigh. I am not diabetic, but I am 67 and obese (206 lbs.)

I did have a severe back and neck injury about 26 years ago and have had much pain in the left leg over the years. I take Flexeril to help with muscle pain, also undiagnosed.


Answer This
Answers (1)
Dr. Bill Quick, Health Pro
2/20/12 12:15pm

Hi. See

Hope this helps!
William W. Quick, MD, FACP, FACE

Coming in late March 2012:
A fabulous website for people with diabetes to learn and to share. By health professionals. For beginners, experts, and everyone in between!

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By Allorrah, Community Member— Last Modified: 02/20/12, First Published: 07/02/09