Sunday, October 26, 2014

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 Britney, Community Member, asks

Q: A diet for Glucose Intolerance

My doctor had told me that i am Glucose Intolerance and i have been trying to change my diet. She advised me to watch my sugar intake so did a no carb diet and i was feeling ok than i started getting the shakes again so i would eat just a little bit of carbs than after some time of doing that i would get the shakes again and i am not sure what to eat and not to eat and how to handle it. i also take this medicine ongylza and some days i am fine and some days i am not. I need help with a diet please. I am trying a high protein diet and eating less but more often and it was working for a little bit but now i am back to getting the shakes and feeling like i am going to pass out.

Answer This
Answers (1)
me, Community Member
11/24/09 10:57pm

Go see a dietician!!!! They can help more than anyone.  You need to find out everything about your system to learn how food reacts on you.  An edocrinologist is the ONLY person who should treat a diabetic, as regular doctors are pretty useless.  The term Glucose intolerant is used too often.   See a dietician to learn how to read lables and eat right. 

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By Britney, Community Member— Last Modified: 12/17/10, First Published: 10/13/09