Can You Use Lantus With An Insulin Pump?

Featured Health Expert
651280
EXPERT

Basal/Bolus Therapy: Combination of Insulin Pump and Lantus

During my outpatient clinic last week, I was queried about the “untethered regimen” in which the person with diabetes uses both Lantus and the insulin pump. I have heard Dr. Steven Edelman (an adult endocrinologist and person with type 1 diabetes) talk about this regimen in person and in a diabetes conference.

What is it? The “untethered regimen” is such that Lantus is given as an injection to provide approximately 75 percent of basal insulin with the remainder (25 percent) given by the...

Read more

More information on "Can You Use Lantus With An Insulin Pump?"

From Our Experts

See more SharePosts »

Ask a Question

Get answers from our experts and community members.

Btn_ask_question_med
View all questions (4013) >