Acetone is a chemical used in many household products. This article discusses poisoning from swallowing acetone-based products.
This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Dimethyl formaldehyde poisoning; Dimethyl ketone poisoning; Nail polish remover...Read more
Let's test your knowledge: What are ketones? Large amounts of sugar in the urine Chemicals made when the body burns... Read more »
As the recap of her 8-year-old's experience at diabetes camp wraps up, Kim Benjet deals with the aftermath: “I really don’t need you,... Read more »
As I have stated on multiple occasions, ketones are not your friends. They are the portents of bad things to come… the persistence of ketones... Read more »