What is needed?
- Increase the pace of research
- Join thousands of others who make their voices heard
How does it help?
- JDRF grassroots efforts led to DOUBLED federal diabetes spending over 5 years.
- "If not for JDRF, there would be no federal funding for embryonic stem cell research" Frank Rich, The New York Times
What is involved?
- Write letters, send emails, make phone calls, and attend community functions.
JDRF Legislative Advocates receive:
- Regular updates on diabetes research initiatives in bill before Congress.
- Legislative alerts on when and how to write your representative and senators on matters of immediate importance.
- Regular e-mail updates on diabetes related public policy events in Washington, D.C.
- News on advocacy initiatives like the Promise to Remember Me Campaign and the JDRF Children's Congress.