Stuck in a workout rut? Try these 5 tips to help get you moving again!
1. Change your workout venue: If you are a gym rat, take your workouts outside for a nice change of pace. Take up hiking or running and notice how the fresh air breathes new life into your workout. If you are someone who already loves to be outside for your workouts, change up the routine by trying out a new fitness class at a local gym. You might fall in love with a whole new kind of cardio.
2. Hire a trainer: Trainers can help you come up with new exercises to help you reach your goals. They take the “thinking” part out of your workouts, so you can focus on you instead of planning out your next move.
3. Find a training partner: Sometimes you need a little extra motivation to keep you moving in the right direction. Find a friend who is willing to hold you accountable to your goals. Whether it is a text to help get you out of bed in the morning or having someone to meet you at the trail, a workout partner can be a great motivator.
4. Change your intensity: Sometimes we get burned out simply because we are pushing ourselves too hard. Scale back your workouts and incorporate several days of recovery-type activities such as yoga and slow walking. Keep your body moving, but slow down the pace to give it a chance to recover.
5. Get a new workout program: If you are bored of your current program, find a new plan to follow. I love all of the training programs offered by Ashley Horner but beware—they are very intense! I like having a plan to follow and the flexibility to do workouts in the comfort of my own home.
Have any ideas for pulling yourself out of a workout rut? Leave them in the comments below!
Published On: September 30, 2014