I just returned from my local grocery store and I admit I love this time of the year because strawberries are in season. I love everything about fresh strawberries and other berries like blueberries and raspberries. They are delightful to look at and I love the texture and the wonderful taste as they dance around in my mouth. Above all I'm aware of all the wonderful things they do for my body.
Sometimes I eat my strawberries plain, I often add them to my cereal or even make fresh delicious smoothies. You can find tasty berry recipes by clicking here. Strawberries and berries should be a regular part of your diet. In fact I recommend having them at least 3 times per week. Here are 5 reasons you should buy some berries today.
- Berries come fully loaded with salicylic acid the same ingredient found in Aspirin that helps our body fight against heart disease,
- They are high in fiber which helps in improved absorption of iron, calcium and magnesium
- Can you say antioxidants galore! Berries are packed with disease fighting and anti aging antioxidants.
- The Phytonutrients in berries will slow down the overall aging process from your skin to your cells which help you stay look and fell younger.
- They are chock full of natural vitamin C which is way better than the laboratory vitamins found in supplements. The body readily absorbs the vitamin C found in strawberries to help your body fight infections and give you protection against rheumatoid arthritis
Move Your Body, Move Your Life
Published On: April 01, 2008