I cannot stress this enough and it's a song I continue to sing. The best thing you can do to improve your health is to eat more veggies or what I call living foods. Simply put, they are nature's perfect food and your body is designed to heal and grow itself when you eat from nature's bounty. Before we discovered fire, our ancestors feasted on raw fruits and vegetables. Not only are they good for your health but they aid your body in becoming a fat burning machine. Vegetables are
- Low in calories, high in fiber and quite filling.
- Packed with vitamins, minerals and phyto nutrients that are required on a daily basis for optimal health.
- Help maintain steady blood sugar levels and have almost no effect on your blood sugar levels.
Half of your diet should be fruits and vegetables and here are some easy ways to sneak more veggies into your meals
1. Ask for extra veggies with your sandwich. Request extra lettuce, tomatoes or pickles.
2. In between meals, snack on delicious veggies and skip the brownies and potato chips. Instead Snack on crunchy raw veggies such as baby carrots, celery and broccoli.
3. If you are going to eat pizza, make it more healthy and add more vegetables such as mushrooms, bell peppers and spinach.
4. For breakfast if you are having eggs make them your favorite way and include tasty veggies such as mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, zucchini, asparagus and avocado.
5. Make a salad part of every meal for lunch and dinner. Why not start with a bowl of mixed green salad?
Health and Happiness
Published On: September 17, 2008