Many gyms are celebrating "New Year Resolutions Week" because fact is by this time 4 out of 10 people have ditched their New Years resolutions. My goal is that I don't want you to be Number 5.
I wrote in a recent article that losing weight is not a sufficient goal and that people who succeed at losing weight and maintaining the loss are usually motivated by a dream much bigger and more positive than just losing weight.
Below is Tom Venuto's 8 reason's why "You Keep Falling Of The Wagon" and if you're interested in burning fat and getting lean the natural way - without money wasting supplements, without drugs and without messing up your metabolism, then Tom Venuto's Book "Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle" will be the most important book you will ever read, it's really that good and It's the #1 best selling diet ebook in internet history, and for good reason to.
Tom's list is a great one. If any of this describes you, it's time to dust off and get back with the program!
THE 8 REASONS:
1. NO FOCUS: you didn't set goals, you didn't put your goals in writing, and or you didn't stay focused on your goals daily (by reading them, affirming them, looking at a vision board, etc.)
2. NO PRIORITIES: you may have set a goal, but you didn't put it on or near the top of your priorities list. For example, your goal is six pack abs, but drinking beer and eating fast food on the weekend is higher on your priorities list than having a flat stomach.
3. NO SUPPORT SYSTEM: you tried to go at it alone; no buddy system, training partners, family, spouse, friends, mentors or coaches to turn to for information and emotional support when the going got tough.
4. NO ACCOUNTABILITY - you didn't keep score for your own accountability - with a progress chart, weight record, measurements, food journal, training journal, and you didn't set up external accountability (ie, report to someone else or show your results to someone else)
5. NO PATIENCE: you were only thinking short term and had unrealistic expectations. You expected 10 pounds a week or 5 pounds a week or 3 pounds a week, so the first week you lost "only" 1 or 2 pounds or hit a plateau, you gave up.
6. NO PLANNING: you winged it. You walked into the gym without having a workout in hand, on paper, you didn't plan your workouts into your weekly schedule; you didn't have a menu on paper, you didn't make time (so instead you made excuses, like "I'm too busy")
7. NO BALANCE: your diet or training program was too extreme. You went the all or nothing, "I want it now" route instead of the moderate, slow-and-steady wins the race route.
8. NO PERSONALIZATION: your nutrition or training program was the wrong one for you. It might have worked for someone else, but it didn't suit your schedule, personality, lifestyle, disposition or body type.
So there you have it - 8 reasons why most people to fall off the wagon! Have you been making these mistakes? If so, the solutions are clear and simple:
Focus, Prioritize, Get Support, Be Accountable, Be Patient, Plan, Balance and Personalize.
Tom Venuto is an internationally recognized fat loss expert, nutrition researcher and natural (steroid-free) bodybuilder. Since 1989, Venuto has been involved in virtually every aspect of the fitness and weight loss industry - as a personal trainer, nutrition consultant, motivation coach, fitness model, health club manager and freelance writer. Tom is the author of the best-selling e-book, Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle
Health and Happiness
Published On: January 29, 2009