REMEDY HEALTH MEDIA
TWITTER CHAT SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter®.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Remedy Health Media Twitter Chat Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Colombia, who are the age of majority or older in the jurisdiction in which they reside at the time of entry, who have a Twitter account, and who are followers of @HealthCentral (the “Handle”). Void in all other jurisdictions and where prohibited by law. Employees and directors of Remedy Health Media, LLC (“Sponsor”) and its parent and subsidiary companies, affiliates, divisions, representatives, consultants, sub-contractors, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families (defined for these purposes as including spouse, parents, children, and siblings and each of their respective spouses) and individuals living in the same household, are not eligible to participate. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on 3/27/2013 at 9:00pm Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on 3/27/2013 at 10:00pm EDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There is only one (1) hour to enter the Sweepstakes. Entries received before or outside of the Sweepstakes Period will not be accepted or be eligible to win the stated Prize, except as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor’s clock is the official clock of the Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: Participants must first have a Twitter account and must follow the Handle in order to be eligible to participate. Creating a Twitter account is free and can be done by visiting www.Twitter.com. Twitter Terms of Service apply (https://twitter.com/tos). At the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will post a series of four (4) questions (each, a “Tweet Question”) from the Handle with the hashtag #HealthTipsChat and the Official Rules URL http://rmdy.hm/ixz. When you tweet a response during the Sweepstakes Period to a Tweet Question along with the hashtag #HealthTipsChat and the Official Rules URL http://rmdy.hm/ixz, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Only one entry per Tweet Question per person/Twitter handle. Maximum of four (4) entries per person/Twitter handle. Multiple responses per Tweet Question are permitted, but will not increase your chances of winning.
THE FOLLOWING TWEET RESPONSE GUIDELINES MUST BE FOLLOWED, FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION:
Tweet Question Responses:
- Must include the hash tag #HealthTipsChat and Official Rules URL http://rmdy.hm/ixz.
- May not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- May not disparage Sponsor, Twitter, or any other party affiliated with the Sweepstakes or any of their respective products or services;
- May not contain images or artwork or any other material not created by entrant;
- May not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, or defamatory;
- May not duplicate other Tweet Question responses;
- May not contain material that promotes racism, hatred, bigotry, discrimination, or harm against any group or individual;
- May not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to, the laws of the United States; and
- May not contain images or messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill which Sponsor wishes to associate.
Any response after the close of the Sweepstakes Period will not be given an entry into the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any tweets which are not responsive, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to the Tweet Questions. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share a Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified from the entire Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the Twitter account used to enter. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the winning entry.
4. WINNER SELECTION: On or about 3/28/2013, Sponsor will randomly select five (5) entrants as the potential Prize winners of the Sweepstakes. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. The potential winners will be notified by a direct message (“DM”) on Twitter. Any potential winner may be subject to verification of eligibility, and may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form (“Release”) within a certain time period after notification. If a potential winner cannot be reached (regardless of reason), does not respond within the designated time (if required), or there is a return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable, he/she may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate potential winner may be selected in a random drawing from the remaining entries. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: Two (2) grand prize winners will each receive one (1) pair of Rhythm Walker shoes (“Shoes”). Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each pair of Shoes is $120.00. Three (3) first place prize winners will each receive one (1) pair of Hampton Toe Post Sandals ("Sandals"). ARV of each pair of Sandals is $75. The Shoes and the Sandals are collectively, referred to as the “Prize” or “Prizes”.
Prize Restrictions: No substitution or transfer of a Prize is permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is not exchangeable for cash. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. Prize consists of only those items specifically stated as part of the Prize. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of the Prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. If required by law, winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the Prize value.
6. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agents to use the winner’s name and/or likenesses, Prize information, photograph, voice, comments for purposes of advertising and trade without further notice, permission, or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By accepting a Prize, winner agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter and each of their shareholders, officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates and independent contractors (“Released Parties”) against any and all claims and liability arising out of use or misuse of a Prize or participation in the Sweepstakes. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any Prize.
8. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York; (2) any and all claims, judgment, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes or participating in the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any Prize or in the administration of the Sweepstakes. In no event will more than the number of Prizes stated in these Official Rules be awarded. Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, undecipherable lost, late, damaged, illegible, delayed, corrupted or misdirected e-mail, DMs or entries, or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware or software, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, loss of data or entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind, or any combination of any of the foregoing. Released Parties are not responsible for any human or other error that may occur in the processing of the entries, nor is it responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries, or for technical, network, telephone, computer hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive any entry information on account of technical problems or failures of any wireless or internet service providers, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes or receive communication from Sponsor. Released Parties assume no responsibility for undeliverable messages resulting from filtration of an entrant’s wireless or Internet service provider or for insufficient space to receive text or e-mail or other messages.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify a Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes; or if a technical problem corrupts the administration as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. If the Sweepstakes is canceled, Sponsor will award the Prize from among all eligible entries received as of the time of cancellation in a random drawing, and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to any entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed, or the like methods of participation will void all such entries by such methods. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED ONLY ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW.
12. WINNER’S LIST: For the winners’ names, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Remedy Health Media Twitter Chat Sweepstakes” Winner’s List, Remedy Health Media, LLC, 2300 Wilson Blvd, Suite 600, Arlington, VA 22201. Please include on the outer envelope the date the Sweepstakes ended. Requests for winners list must be received ninety (90) days after the winners for the Sweepstakes are chosen.
13. SPONSOR: Remedy Health Media, LLC, 500 5th Avenue, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10110.
Published On: March 25, 2013